Vancouver Island University and the Project Management Institute (PMI) Vancouver Island Chapter are offering a 6-session classroom course to prepare for the (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP)® accreditation exam.
The Project Management Professional Exam Prep Course content is aligned to the PMP Examination Content Outlines published by PMI and the 6th Edition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
PMI Vancouver Island Chapter has been holding this course for over five years in Victoria, BC with over 95% of the students passing the exam on their first attempt. Sessions are facilitated by PMP certified/practicing Project Managers and total class hours provides the PMI required hours for project management education (35 hrs).
After taking the seminar, you will be able to plan and prepare effectively to take either exam by:
- preparing a personal study schedule
- breaking down exam questions to determine the best answer
- understanding “PMI-isms”
- creating a personal set of exam-taking tips
- self-assess personal proficiency in Role Delineation Study task/skills and PMBOK 5 knowledge areas
- describe personal responsibility for following the PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- discuss each of the 10 knowledge areas and explain how the sub-processes of each knowledge area map to the overall project management process
Important Note: It is expected that participants in this course have taken previous coursework on project management based on content from the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
The course includes 6 full days of training by experienced and certified project managers, all course materials, PMI membership, access to web-based practice exams. Included with your enrollment is access to online practice exams and memberships to both the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the PMI-Vancouver Island Chapter tor one year.
Course Code: MGPM 002 Click on the Section Code link to register.
Section Code F19N01 // 6 sessions: October 19 & 26 and November 2, 16, 23 & 30 (no class Nov. 9) // Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm // Tuition: $899 plus GST