3 Month Full-time Certificate Program
- Medical Office Assistant - Program Guide
- Medical Office Assistant - Information Sheet
Health & Human Services current course offerings
Attend a FREE Information Session
Graduates will be prepared for employment as Medical Office Assistants in medical offices and specialist offices. Skills may also be transferable to positions in other medical settings.
The program consists of the following courses:
- Pharmacology For The Medical Office
- Interpersonal Skills In The Medical Environment
- Medical Office Procedures
- Computerized Medical Billing
- Keyboarding And Computers In The Medical Environment
- Medical Transcription
- Observational Practicum for MOA's
NOTE: Medical Terminology is now a Prerequisite.
See Essential Prerequisite course offerings for course schedule.
Courses offered daytime, Wednesday to Saturdays over a three-month period (2018 delivery will be on Nanaimo & Parksville Campuses). Students must complete all the courses in the program within this period.
Please see the Program Availability List for information on the next intake of this program.
How to Apply
Tuition Due: January 10, 2018
Refunds for tuition will not be granted after: January 26, 2018
For a list of all impoprtant dates please refer to our program information sheet.
Refer to the Program Guide for details.
revised August 2017